Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trip to Oregon Pottery Showcase

I tried starting a blog last year and never followed thru. This year I will follow thru.

Many new thing have happened in my life recently. After being a potter for 27 yr. My wife and I decided to open a store and gallery. Called Throwing Mud Gallery throwingmudgallery.com

I will comment in the future about the store set up. We have a school and have around 25 or so students after being open only 3 months.

The gallery sells my pottery and others. Also many other forms of Fine Crafts. Jewelry, wood glass etc.

Stocking the store with others work has bee more work than anticipated.

In order to stock the gallery we went to The Best of the Northwest Crafts Show earlier this month or was it March? I forget. We found many great artists and brought their work into the store, either thru wholesale or consignment.
Since then my wife and I have been steadily adding more artists and have over 30 currently , more to come soon.

Today we went to Oregon to attend the Oregon Potters Showcase. This is put on by the Oregon Potters Association. http://www.oregonpotters.org/index.htm I must say it was an amazing show of all potters. It was the 29th year they have done this. It is a cooperative effort that includes all levels of talent.

We trekked to Oregon only 2 hrs away. We picked up a few potters work for the store. These will be added to the stores blog soon. We also made contact with some great potters to potentially carry them in our gallery.

Among them Patrick Horsley, Don Sprague, Craig Martell, Rhoda Fleishma, ( Starting top to bottom) also Cynthia Spencer, Ginger Steel (Insomnia Pottery) not pictured.



No comments:

Post a Comment