Sunday, May 1, 2011

Teaching Examples from Oregon Pottery Showcase

As I said previously my wife and I opened Throwing Mud Gallery. The front part is a Gallery. But the back part is a pottery school.
I teach wheel throwing basics to up to 7 students.














Handbuilding is taught as well and we have been working textures in their projects. At the Oregon Potters showcase I found some great pieces to buy for myself oooops should have said as examples for the class to teach and inspire. The first 2 pieces are by Rhoda Fleishman, The Next 2 pieces are the legendary ( at least in the Northwest also check way back in Ceramics Monthly) Ellen Currens and finally Kvalheim Studios













































































These pieces will show my students what great pieces can be made without a potters wheel. The trip to Oregon was very beneficial for the school in my opinion.Can't wait to show them to the classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment